gujarat election 2022 date list|gujarat election 2022 result date|gujarat vidhan sabha election date 2022:The Gujarat Assembly elections will be held in two phases on December 1 and 5, and the results will be declared on December 8, the Election Commission announced Thursday. There are over 4.9 crore electors eligible to vote this year. There will be more than 51,000 polling stations set up, including more than 34,000 in rural areas. Ahead of the polls, the Centre has deployed 160 companies of the Central Armed Police Forces to the state.The term of the 182-member state Assembly ends on February 18, 2023. With the announcement of the election schedule, the Model Code of Conduct comes into effect in the state.
The Election Commission of India announced the schedule for the Gujarat Assembly elections. While the voting will take place in two phases on 1st and 5th December, the counting will occur alongside the Himachal polls counting on 8th December.
gujarat election 2022 date
The Election Commission of India (ECI) is likely to announce the polling dates for Gujarat assembly Election 2022 tomorrow. The EC had earlier this month declared the date for the Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections. The hill state will have a single-phase election on November 12. The counting of votes polled in both elections will take place on December 8.
In the run-up to the crucial election to the 182-seat Gujarat Assembly, aggressive campaigning is being done by the ruling BJP, opposition Congress and also the new entrant AAP, which is trying to make inroads in the state. The AAP has made several poll promises, while the BJP is leaving no stone unturned to lure voters.
Gujarat Assembly Election Date 2022 LIVE: Schedule For Gujarat Assembly Election Announced
Other highlights of the press conference are as follows:
- Focus on new voters, women, people with disabilities (PwD), and third gender voters.
- Postal ballot for absentee voters — senior citizens above 80 years of age, PwD with a benchmark of 40 per cent disability, and Covid infected patients.
- There will be a total of 51,782 polling stations of which 50 percent will have a webcasting facility.
- Assured minimum facilities on every polling station – ramp/wheelchair, toilets, drinking water.
- There will be 182 model polling stations across the states and 1,274 polling stations will be managed by women while 182 polling stations will be operated by PwDs.
- For the first time, 33 polling stations will be set up and managed by youngest available polling staff in a bid to encourage first time and young voters.
- cVigil App for grievance redressal with response within 100 minutes and PwD App for new registration, migration, correction in EPIC details and request for a wheelchair. ‘KYC portal’ for voters to know about the candidates contesting the election and ‘Suvidha portal’ for candidates to file nominations and affidavits and seek permission for rallies and meetings.
gujarat election 2022 result date
The high-voltage Assembly election in Gujarat will be held in two phases, on December 1 and December 5, the Election Commission announced today. The results for the election will be declared, along with that of the Himachal Pradesh polls, on December 8.
The much-awaited announcement came against the backdrop of the recent bridge collapse in Morbi that left 135 people dead. In fact, Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar started his interaction with the media with a tribute to those killed in the horrifying tragedy.
Gujarat Assembly Elections 2022 Full Schedule Live: Elections to the 182-member Assembly will be held in two phases on December 1 and 5, and counting of votes will be on December 8.