hong kong free air tickets|free air tickets to hong kong|how to get hong kong free air tickets|hong kong free air tickets how to book|hong kong free air ticket how to get:Hong Kong recently said that it plans to give away 500,000 airline tickets to global visitors in order to boost its Covid-hit tourism industry. Until recently Hong Kong had some of the world’s toughest quarantine rules as it followed China’s ‘zero-Covid’ policies. However, last month, the city announced that it would no longer require people arriving to go into hotel quarantine or show a negative Covid test before boarding a flight to Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Government will give away 500,000 free air tickets in a bid to revive its tourist industry damaged by strict COVID restrictions. The Hong Kong Tourism Board says the free tickets will be distributed next year to inbound and outbound travellers by the city’s airport authority, which will finalise arrangements with airlines.
Hongkong Free Tickets
the government announces it will remove all COVID-19 restrictions for inbound travellers, we’ll roll out the advertising campaigns for the free air tickets,” Dane Cheng, Executive Director of the Hong Kong Tourism Board told the BBC. The Airport Authority Hong Kong is believed to have set aside an estimated £225 million in 2020 for buying half a million flight tickets from airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong Express and Cathay Pacific.
A spokesperson for Airport Authority Hong Kong (AAHK) said it was working with airlines on the relevant arrangements, “Back in 2020 AAHK purchased around 500,000 air tickets in advance from Hong Kong’s home-based airlines as part of a relief package to support the aviation industry. The tickets will be given away to global visitors and Hong Kong residents in the market recovery campaign.
hong kong free air tickets New Updated
Hong Kong is giving away 500,000 airline tickets in an effort to woo tourists back to the region.The city has rolled back COVID travel restrictions in recent months including mandatory isolation on arrival.Now it is hoping to bounce back from the massive impact the pandemic had on its tourism industry. And part of Hong Kong’s plan involves giving away 500,00 airline tickets worth more than €250 million.
Back in October, executive director of the Hong Kong Tourism Board Dane Cheng told the BBC that the free tickets were initially bought to support airlines during the pandemic. On Wednesday (1 February), Hong Kong’s Chief Executive John Lee launched the $2 billion (€1.8 bn) ‘Hello Hong Kong’ campaign, with the flight ticket giveaway starting on 1 March.
What are the entry requirements for Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong has had some of the strictest rules for travellers throughout the pandemic.
- The city largely aligned itself with mainland China’s ‘zero-COVID’ strategy and has relaxed its entry rules months slower than rivals such as Singapore, Japan and Taiwan.
- In September, mandatory quarantine on arrival was dropped. But even after Hong Kong reopened its border with mainland China in January, tourism recovery was sluggish.
- Now, the rules have been relaxed further. Visitors no longer need to self isolate on arrival, providing they test negative for COVID.
How will Hong Kong’s free ticket scheme work?
- The giveaway will start on March 1 and last for about six months, with tickets distributed in phases.
- The free tickets will be distributed by Hong Kong-based airlines Cathay Pacific, HK Express and Hong Kong Airlines, according to Fred Lam Tin-fuk, chief executive officer of the Airport Authority Hong Kong.
- Tickets will be distributed gradually on the airlines’ overseas platforms starting with Southeast Asian countries, followed by mainland China and Northeastern Asia, according to Time Out Hong Kong.
- A further 80,000 free air tickets will be given to Hong Kong residents in the summer, with another 80,000 for those living in the Greater Bay Area.
- Visitors can also enjoy special offers and vouchers among other incentives in the city.
- One million vouchers worth over HKD100 (€11.60) each will provide discounts on food, drinks, transport, hotels, retail and attractions. They will be distributed at tourist inquiry counters located at four border checkpoints from 5pm on 2 February, according to Time Out Hong Kong.
- The city will also host more than 250 events and festivals throughout 2023, from the Hong Kong Marathon to the Clockenflap music festival, Art Basel and Hong Kong Rugby Sevens.
Hongkong Free Tickets How To Apply
After the pandemic, of the many industries that struggled to bounce back, is Hong Kong’s tourism industry. What was once a vibrant place that gave the best views and mouth-watering local food is now not so happening.To boost its tourism industry, Hong Kong has relaxed a number of its coronavirus restrictions and says it will give away five lakh plane tickets worth two billion Hong Kong dollars ($254.8m).
While most airlines are battling to restore flights to Hong Kong, Virgin Atlantic on Wednesday announced that it will cease operations in Hong Kong due to problems associated with the conflict in Ukraine.Earlier, VietJet Air also offered air tickets to Vietnam at just Rs 9. The airline has announced 30,000 promotional tickets at the cheapest price to travel between August 15, 2022, and March 26, 2023.
hong kong free air tickets how to book
A spokesperson for Airport Authority Hong Kong (AAHK) said it was working with airlines on the relevant arrangements, “Back in 2020 AAHK purchased around 500,000 air tickets in advance from Hong Kong’s home-based airlines as part of a relief package to support the aviation industry. The tickets will be given away to global visitors and Hong Kong residents in the market recovery campaign.”In the first eight months of this year Hong Kong recorded just 184,000 visitors, a significant drop compared to before the pandemic of 56m a year.
What does free Hong Kong mean?
Hong Kong independence is a political movement that advocates the establishment of Hong Kong as an independent sovereign state.
What documents do I need for Hong Kong?
A valid passport or other valid travel document and, if required, a Visa/permit to enter Hong Kong. Check restrictions for passengers travelling to Hong KongOpen a new window and the Immigration and quarantine requirements section on the same page.
Is Hong Kong free market?
Hong Kong has a free market economy in which the prices of goods and services are determined in a free price system. Hong Kong is a member of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation