the uk-india young professionals scheme|youth mobility visa uk-india|india young professionals scheme visa ballot system apply|gov.uk youth mobility scheme india|youth mobility visa uk india ballot:British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will announce a new “partnership” with India on Wednesday, at the G20 summit in Bali, Downing Street has announced. Under the U.K.-India Young Professionals Scheme, the U.K. will offer, annually, 3,000 degree-holding Indians in the 18–30-year age group places to work in the U.K. for up to two years. The scheme will commence in early 2023 and be on a reciprocal basis.
I know first-hand the incredible value of the deep cultural and historic ties we have with India,” Mr. Sunak said in a statement. “I am pleased that even more of India’s brightest young people will now have the opportunity to experience all that life in the U.K. has to offer, and vice-versa— making our economies and societies richer,” he said.Mr. Sunak had spoken in the summer during his campaign to be Prime Minister about having a reciprocal exchange with India.
uk india young professionals scheme
“The U.K. has more links with India than almost any country in the Indo-Pacific region,” a press note from Downing Street said, with Indians comprising almost a quarter of all international students in the U.K. and Indian investment in the U.K. supporting 95,000 jobs in the country. The U.K. government called the launch of the program a “significant moment” for the U.K.-India relationship but also the U.K.’s links to the Indo Pacific.
UK PM Rishi Sunak has given the go-ahead for 3,000 visas for young Indian professionals to live and work in the country each year.The British government said India is the first visa-national country to benefit from such a scheme, highlighting the strength of the UK-India Migration and Mobility Partnership agreed last year.
uk young professional scheme ballot New Updated
In its guidance on the scheme, UK Visas and Immigration explains that applicants can enter the ballot between July 25, when it opens, and July 27, when it closes. Successful entries will be picked at random and applicants will be sent the results by email within two weeks of the ballot closing. Applicants who are selected will then be invited to apply for the UK visa.Notably, there are 3,000 places available for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa in 2023. Most places were filled in the February ballot. The remaining places will be given in the July ballot.
UK India Young Professionals Scheme Highlights
|Name||UK India Young Professionals Scheme|
|Initiated by||British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak|
|Launched At||G20 conference in Bali on Wednesday|
|Beneficiaries||3,000 degree-holding Indians|
|Age Criteria||18 to 30 years|
Youth Mobility Visa Uk India Ballot
The British government has announced a second ballot in 2023 for the India Young Professionals Scheme, which is for Indian citizens between 18 and 30, with a qualification of bachelor’s degree level or above and having £2,530 in savings to support themselves in the UK. The ballot, which opens on July 25 allows those selected to live, work or study in the UK for up to two years.
Among the conditions required to apply for the young professionals scheme, applicants cannot have any children under the age of 18 who live with them or who they are financially responsible for and they must have the required money in their bank account to show they can support themselves in the UK available for at least 28 days in a row. Applicants have to first apply to and be selected in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot before you can apply for their visa.
Here’s all you need to know about the UK-India Young Professionals Scheme:
- Under the new UK-India Young Professionals Scheme, the UK will offer 3,000 visas annually.
- These visas will be given to young profession in the age group of 18-30-year-old.
- Under the scheme, the degree-educated Indian nationals can come to the UK to live and work for up to two years.
- The scheme will be reciprocal.
- UK has more links with India than almost any country in the Indo-Pacific region. Nearly a quarter of all international students in the UK are from India, and Indian investment into the UK supports 95,000 jobs across the UK.
Features of UK India Young Professionals Scheme
Some of the key features of the UK India Young Professionals Scheme are as follows:
- The two leaders’ meeting on Wednesday resulted in the confirmation of the new UK-India Young Professionals Initiative
- Under the newly established UK-India Young Professionals Initiative, the UK will provide 3,000 visas per year to degree-educated Indian citizens
- Young professionals between the ages of 18 and 30 will receive these visas.
- Indian nationals with degrees are permitted to live and work in the UK for a maximum of two years under the scheme.
- The UK has ties to India more than practically any other country in the Indo-Pacific region.
- A reciprocal system will be used.
- The arrangement will be mutual.
- In terms of both culture and trade, the new strategy would deepen ties between India and the UK.
- Around a quarter of all international students in the UK come from India, and their investment in the nation supports 95,000 jobs nationwide
Eligibility Criteria for UK India Young Professionals Scheme
The eligibility criteria for UK India Young Professionals Scheme are as follows:
- Citizens aged 18 to 30 will be allowed to visit the UK and stay and work there for up to two years.
- Candidates for the Young Professionals program must speak the host country’s language fluently
- Candidate must hold a diploma or degree that is equal to at least three years of higher education.
Are Indians eligible for youth mobility visa?
Indian citizens will be able to apply on the Youth Mobility Scheme route following the operation of the invitation to apply arrangements, set out in Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme: eligible nationals, for the allocation of places available for use by Indian citizens.
uk youth mobility visa for indian
Under the scheme, Indians will have to hold a diploma or degree equivalent to at least three years of higher education and be able to express themselves in the language of the host country.UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has given the go-ahead for 3,000 visas for young professionals from India to work in the UK each year. The British government said India is the first visa-national country to benefit from such a scheme, highlighting the strength of the UK-India Migration and Mobility Partnership agreed last year.
How will the 3,000 Indians be picked Under UK-India Young Professionals Scheme
This is not yet clear. It is likely that this visa will be over-subscribed, with millions of Indian nationals meeting the eligibility requirements. In this case it is likely that there will be a lottery for places, as in some countries for the Youth Mobility visa where places are heavily limited.
There are also concerns that this category may be dominated by large tech companies, which will gain a monopoly on the limited spaces available, if it offers a cheaper way to bring talent into the UK.
Who Can Apply For US Visa Under UK-India Young Professionals Scheme?
Unlike the Youth Mobility Scheme, which has no qualification or English language requirements, hopeful applicants under the Young Professionals scheme will have to hold a diploma or degree equivalent to at least three years of higher education and be able to express themselves in the language of the host country.
It is also possible that the visa could require sponsorship or a job offer from a named employer, which would distinguish it from the un-sponsored Youth Mobility Scheme route, however the eligibility requirements have not yet been finalised.
Steps to Apply for the UK India Young Professional Scheme
To Apply for the Young Professional Scheme, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Young Professional Scheme
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now, click on the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot link
- A new page will open on the screen
- Click on the enter any time while the ballot is open link
- The application form will open on the screen
- Fill in the form with all the required details
- Now, upload all the required documents
- After that, you will be redirected to the payment gateway
- Now, pay the required application fee
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the process
Can Indians apply for Youth Mobility Scheme visa in the UK?
Youth Mobility Visa UK from India. Youth Mobility Visa UK is a great way to work and stay in the UK without sponsorship. People aged 18-30 can avail of this scheme. They can study various courses as long as their visa is valid.
What is UK India Young Professional scheme?
This scheme is called the UK-India Young professionals scheme and the students who want to go to the UK under this scheme must be 18-30-year-old graduates and can work and live for nearly 2 years. This scheme is reciprocal. Read more… UK issued 108,000 student visas to Indians by March 2022, double from last year
Do UK citizens need a visa for India?
You’ll need to get a visa before travelling to India. The High Commission of India in London uses a Three Step Regular Visa Application Process. You should secure an appointment date in good time, to ensure you have time to complete the visa process ahead of your planned visit.
When Indian can apply for Youth Mobility visa UK?
You must also be aged 18 to 30 on the date you apply for your visa. You can also apply if you’re 18 to 30 and a: British overseas citizen. British overseas territories citizen.