mo ghara yojana|mo ghara yojana:In a major relief to economically and socially weaker households, the Naveen Patnaik Government on May 29 announced the launch of ‘Mo Ghara’ (My House) to provide credit-linked financial assistance to beneficiaries who face fund crunch to complete or upgrade their houses.With completion of four years of BJD’s fifth term in office, Odisha Government today approved 18 key proposals including ‘Mo Ghara’ scheme.
The decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.A week after Cabinet reshuffle inducting three new ministers to council of ministers in Odisha, the State Government approved 18 proposals introducing Mo Ghara (Government Housing Assistance in Rural Areas), a new housing scheme, in view of 2024 elections.Under ‘Mo Ghara’ Yojana in Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department, the State Government will provide financial assistance to meet aspiration of the lower and lower middle-class households in rural areas.
mo ghara yojana
The scheme, whose coincided with the completion of fourth year in fifth term of Mr. Patnaik, will cover all such families who were left out in the existing housing schemes either due to stringent eligibility criteria or insufficient allocation, and those who had received housing assistance of smaller amount in the past and now want to upgrade or expand their houses.
The State Cabinet chaired by Odisha CM gave its consent to the credit-linked housing scheme which is fully funded from State budget. The applications for availing loan will open from June 15, 2023.The Odisha Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday approved 18 proposals, including the new ‘Mo Ghara’ yojana.
“State Cabinet today approved a new housing scheme called ‘Mo Ghara’ to provide financial assistance to meet the aspiration of the lower and lower-middle-income households of rural Odisha. The scheme will cover all such families who were left out in the existing housing schemes due to stringent eligibility criteria or insufficient allocation and also those who had received housing assistance,” Chief Secy Pradeep Kumar Jena informed the media after the Cabinet meeting on Monday.
mo ghara yojana odisha
Under the scheme, a beneficiary can avail housing loan up to Rs. 3 lakh which can be repaid in 10 years excluding one year moratorium period in easy installments. They can opt for one of the four slabs of loan amount – Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh,” says the Cabinet note.
The family which is staying in kutcha (thatched) house or one pucca room with concrete roof would be eligible for the loan. Those having monthly income below ₹25,000 and who have availed housing assistance of ₹70,000 or below in the past would be considered for loan under ‘Mo Ghara’ scheme.
“The State Government will release capital subsidy to the loan account of the beneficiaries on completion of the house. Enhanced capital subsidy will be available to vulnerable categories scheduled caste and scheduled tribe or families led by persons living with disability,” says the scheme.
The State government would pay highest ₹60,000 subsidy for ₹3 lakh loan slab while vulnerable groups would get subsidy of ₹70,000.
Features and Benefits of Mo Ghara Yojana Odisha
Some of the key Features and Benefits of Mo Ghara Yojana Odisha
- Pucca housing is provided to the rural poor, raising their standard of living
- It reduces the vulnerability of the poor in rural areas to disasters
- It helps the rural poor feel more deserving of their dignity
- It helps the economic growth of rural communities
- A beneficiary of the program may obtain a housing loan up to Rs. 3 lakh, which may be repaid over the course of 10 years with the exception of a one-year moratorium period in convenient payments.
- The four loan amount slabs are Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh, and Rs. 3 lakh, respectively, according to the Cabinet notification.
- Those with monthly incomes below 25,000 rupees and those who have previously received housing aid totaling 70,000 rupees or less may be eligible for a loan under the Mo Ghara program.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled to apply for Biju Pakka Ghar Yojana.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- He/She must belong to the EWS (economically weaker section).
- The applicant should not own have any pakka house in the state.
- The applicant must be living in a kutcha house.
- Address Proof
- Identification Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Residence Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- BPL Certificate
- EWS Certificate
- Passport size photograph
Mo Ghara Loan Apply
Online or offline applications are accepted for the programme. The Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of the Government of Odisha’s website has the online application form. You can acquire the offline application form from the relevant block development office.
The application form must be delivered to the relevant block development office along with the necessary supporting documentation. The block development office will then examine the application and, if the applicant is qualified, will approve the programme.
The Odisha government hopes to decrease the housing gap through the implementation of “Mo Ghara,” especially among social groups who are economically marginalised. The programme is anticipated to have a significant impact, not only on beneficiaries’ quality of life but also on community growth, pride in one’s community, and stability.
In conclusion, the inauguration of the “Mo Ghara” programme by the Odisha government represents an important turning point in the state’s efforts to offer its citizens affordable housing options. The government wants to empower people and improve their quality of life by offering loans of between one lakh and three lakhs for the building of homes. The government’s dedication to promoting inclusive growth, creating job opportunities, and guaranteeing the general welfare of its citizens is demonstrated through this programme.
mo ghara yojana odisha apply online
- mo ghara yojana odisha apply online Click Offical Website
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on Apply link
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
What is Mo Ghara Yojana?
In a major relief to economically and socially weaker households, the Naveen Patnaik Government on May 29 announced the launch of ‘Mo Ghara’ (My House) to provide credit-linked financial assistance to beneficiaries who face fund crunch to complete or upgrade their houses
How to apply Awas Yojana in Odisha?
First, log on to the official Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Odisha website (pmaymis.gov.in).
Then, go to the ‘Citizen Assessment’ section and click on any of the applicable choices between “Benefits under other 3 components” and “For slum dwellers.