marking scheme of ssc cgl|ssc cgl marking scheme|ssc cgl exam pattern|ssc cgl tier 1 cut off:The Staff Selection Commission has begun the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam 2022 in computer-based mode today, December 1 at 9 am in various exam centers across the country. The tier 1 of SSC CGL exam 2022 is being held in four shifts at different timings. SSC CGL 2022-23 Revised Syllabus & New Exam Pattern: SSC CGL 2022 exam pattern revised by the commission for Tier 2. Download the SSC CGL syllabus PDF for all the subjects. Also know about the marking scheme, and duration for the exam here.
To qualify for these posts, candidates have to take the SSC CGL exam in four stages, Tier-I, Tier-III & Tier-IV, Tier-I, Tier-III & Tier-IV. Ideally, the first two tier exams take place online, while Tier-III will be a pen and paper-based exam. The final Tier is a computer skill test.Candidates must note that SSC decides the SSC CGL marking scheme for Tier-I & Tier-II Exam based on different criteria. Technically, based on these results, the candidates will be selected for Tier-III & Tier-IV exams. The following article will help students understand the SSC CGL exam pattern and marking scheme.
ssc cgl marking scheme
As per the revised exam pattern, the Staff Selection Commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL 2022 Exam in two stages: Tier-1 and Tier-2. SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will be compulsory for all candidates. For SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam, there will be Paper 1, 2, and 3, whereas Paper I is Compulsory for all posts, Paper II is for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III is for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for all these stages of SSC CGL 2022 Recruitment process one by one.
ssc cgl tier 1 marking scheme
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Article Type||ssc cgl marking scheme|
ssc cgl exam pattern
SSC CGL 2022-23 Revised Syllabus & New Exam Pattern: The Staff Selection Commission has revised the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus for this year’s recruitment. The notification released by the commission has the new exam pattern applicable for the Tier 2 exam. Candidates can download the SSC CGL 2022 from the official website, ssc.nic.in.
The commission has not prescribed any changes for the Tier 1 examination. However, from this year, the SSC CGL Tier 2 examination will have three papers. Now, phase 2 will have three papers, Aptitude, Statistics, and Accounting. As per the official notification released by the commission, the final selection is going to be based on performance in Tier 1 and 2. The following space consists of the revised SSC CGL exam pattern.
SSC CGL exam pattern 2022 – Stages
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam (Objective) Online mode
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Online mode
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam
- The SSC CGL tier 1 is going to be a computer-based test.
- The examination will have 100 questions from four subjects, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness.
- As per the marking scheme, 2 marks shall be awarded for the correct answer and a negative marking of 0.50 marks is applicable for the wrong answer.
- The questions asked in the examination will be in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
|Subject Name||Maximum Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour|
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam
- The SSC CGL tier 2 shall be also held in the online mode.
- The examination will have three papers, papers 1, 2, and 3. Paper 1 will be compulsory for all the posts. Whereas paper 2 is for those who have applied for the Junior Statistical Officer and paper 3 is for candidates who have opted for Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- As per the marking scheme, 3 marks shall be awarded for each correct answer marked in the exam.
SSC CGL 2022 exam pattern – Tier 2
Points to note:
- Tier-II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shifts, days.
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III) will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Language And Comprehension module in Section-II of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
SSC CGL 2022 Tier 2 exam pattern
|Paper||Session||Subject||No of questions||Maximum marks||Time allowed|
|Paper 1||Session 1||Section-I:Module-I: Mathematical AbilitiesModule-II: Reasoningand General Intelligence||30+30= 60||180||1 hour|
|Section-II:Module-I: EnglishLanguage andComprehensionModule-II: GeneralAwareness||45+25=70||210|
|Section-III:Module-I: ComputerKnowledge Module||20||60|
|Session 2||Section-III:Module-II: Data EntrySpeed Test Module||Only data entry task||15 minutes|
|Paper 2||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper 3||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL Selection Process or Cutoff
The selection process for Tier is to qualify the minimum marks and cut off released by SSC. The cut off is released by the SSC soon after the successful conduction of the examination on its official website.
SSC CGL Selection Process or Cutoff for Tier 1
The cut off is released by the SSC soon after the successful conduction of the examination on its official website. A category wise list of cut off is released in which candidates have to check the marks that they have scored and what SSC has released. The category wise cut off marks for 2021 is given below
SSC CGL Selection Process or Cutoff for Tier 2
The selection process for SSC CGL Tier 2 is based on the cut off obtained in the exam. The cut off is released by the SSC on its official website. A category wise list of cut off is released in which candidates have to check the marks that they have scored and if it meets the cut off decided by the SSC. The category wise cut off marks for 2019 Tier 1 and Tier 2 combined for all post except JSO and AAO is given below
What is the marking scheme of SSC CGL Tier 1?
SSC CGL Tier 1 consists of one paper having 100 questions, 25 questions each from Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English, and General Awareness. Each question carries 2 marks. Hence, the total marks for SSC CGL Tier 1 are 200 marks. There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each incorrect answer.
Does SSC CGL have negative marking?
There is a negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam, 1 mark for Paper 1 of Tier 2 and 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
What is the total marks of SSC CGL?
There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022 details are given below: The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam are: General Intelligence & Reasoning.