shakti smart card apply online|apply for shakti smart card|seva sindhu shakti smart card application|shakti smart card application online:The Karnataka government on Monday issued orders for the implementation of ‘Shakti’ scheme under which women can avail free travel in state-run buses with certain conditions, including reservation of 50 per cent seats for men, from June 11. The Congress in its election manifesto had promised free rides for women in government buses and said this was one of the five poll guarantees that would come into effect the day it comes to power in the state.According to the order, the beneficiaries of the scheme should be a domicile of Karnataka. Along with women, transgenders can also make use of the ‘Shakti’ scheme.The beneficiaries of this scheme can travel only within the state and not in any inter-state buses.
The State Government of Karnataka has mentioned the need for women to possess ‘Shakti Smart Cards’ to avail the ‘Shakti Yojana’ scheme, aimed at providing free travel within the state. In an official order, the government has outlined the guidelines for the implementation of this freebie included in the pre-poll manifesto.To avail themselves of the benefits of free travel, women are encouraged to acquire the ‘Shakti Smart Cards’ introduced under the scheme. It is important to note that the scheme exclusively applies to intra-state travel.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Registration
While the ‘Shakti Yojana’ encompasses a wide range of buses, it is essential to be aware that luxury buses such as Airavata, Airavata Club Class, Airavata Gold Class, Ambari, Ambari Dream Class, Ambari Utsav, Fly Bus, Rajahamsa, Non-AC Sleepers, Vayuvajra, and EV Power Plus buses are not covered under this scheme. The focus remains on making every day commuting more accessible and affordable for women across the state.
Moreover, 50% of the seats in buses, excluding those operated by the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), AC, luxury, and inter-state buses, will be reserved for men.The process of obtaining the ‘Shakti Smart Cards’ for free travel will be available through the Seva Sindhu portal. Women interested in availing themselves of this benefit are required to submit their applications online, which will be open for the next three months.
In the interim period, until women obtain their ‘Shakti Smart Cards,’ they can utilize their identity cards issued by either the Government of India or the Government of Karnataka, which should include a photograph and residential address.
Objectives of Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card
The main objective of Shakti Smart Card Karnataka 2023 is to provide free bus service facility to all the women of the state. This will make travel easier for all the women of the state, in addition to this, free travel can be done conveniently with the help of Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card 2023 by all the women of the state. Through this, all the women of the state will be able to become self-reliant and empowered.
Government Guidelines for Shakti Smart Card users
- The scheme will be applicable in all buses except air-conditioned (AC) and luxury buses such as Rajahamsa, non-AC sleeper, Vajra, Vayuvajra, Airavata, Airavata Club Class, Airavata Gold Class, Ambari, Ambari Utsav, FlyBus, EV Power Plus (AC buses).
- Except for Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) buses, 50 per cent of seats in all buses (except interstate, AC and luxury buses) of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), North Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) and Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC) will be reserved for men.
- Reimbursemnet to road transport corporations will be made on the basis of actual distance travelled by women passengers.
- The process of receiving applications through Seva Sindhu portal and issuing Shakti Smart Cards will be completed within the next three months.
- Identity cards issued by Govt of India/Government of Karnataka with photo and residential address will be considered for zero ticket issuance until issuing of Shakti Smart Card.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Benefits
- With the help of this card, the residents can easily travel on the buses.
- The ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್ will reveal the identity of an individual.
- The card will work as proof that the individual belongs to Karnataka state only.
- It will display the name of the resident, gender, and address.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Eligibility Criteria
- Women of the state are allowed to take benefit of the card.
- It is necessary for an individual to be from Karnataka state.
- Students can also apply for the ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್.
- Transgender community people are permitted to apply for the card.
Important Documents for Shakti Smart Card
- Identity proof like Aadhaar card
- Latest photograph
- State domicile
Buses Allowed for ‘Shakti’ Scheme
- Karnataka State Road Transportation Corporation (KSRTC)
- Bengaluru Metropolitan Transportation Corporation (BMTC)
- Northwest Road Transportation Corporation (NWRTC)
- Kalyana Karnataka Road Transportation Corporation (KKRTC).
Buses not Allowed in ‘Shakti’ scheme
- Buses travelling outside the state
- Luxury buses
- Sleeper buses including both AC and non-AC
- Vayu Vajra
- EV Power Plus (AC)
shakti smart card apply online karnataka NewUpdated
Road Transport Corporations (RTCs) in Karnataka have estimated that about 1.2 crore women may apply for smart cards in order to avail the newly-launched ‘Shakti’ scheme that guarantees free travel for women on all state-run buses.On the launch day of the scheme on Sunday, more than 5.7 lakh women took free rides on buses operated by the four RTCs from 1 pm to midnight. The free rides cost the RTCs around Rs 1.4 crore. Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) accounted for the highest number of women passengers at more than two lakh, who took free rides, while free ridership was lowest for Kalyana Karnataka RTC at 50,000-plus.
How to apply for Shakthi smart card?
Members of the transgender community can also take benefits of ‘Shakti’ scheme. The government in its order said that in the next three months, women can get the ‘Shakti’ smart card by applying online from Sevesindhu.karnataka.gov.in.
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Seva Sindhu portal, i. https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, you have to click on the apply for Shakti smart card option.
- A new page will open on the screen where you have to enter your login details if you are already registered.
- If you are not already registered on the portal, click on the new registration option.
- Enter the details to be filled-in in the application form.
- Now after successful registration, login with the details and apply for the card.
How to get Shakthi smart card?
The smart cards can be availed from June 11 at Sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in. Starting from June 11, the smart cards will be available at Sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in. Additionally, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will inaugurate the scheme by symbolically distributing 10-15 smart cards to women in front of Vidhana Soudha.
seva sindhu shakti smart card application
Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Seva Sindhu portal, i. https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
The home page of the website will open on the screen.
Now from the homepage, you have to click on the apply for Shakti smart card option.
A new page will open on the screen where you have to enter your login details if you are already registered.
If you are not already registered on the portal, click on the new registration option.
Enter the details to be filled-in in the application form.
Now after successful registration, login with the details and apply for the card.
How to login in Seva Sindhu?
First of all you have to go to the official website of Seva Sindhu. After that, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
On the homepage of the website, you will have to provide the option of “click here to login / register” in the menu.