free bus pass for ladies in karnataka|free bus for ladies in karnataka|bmtc free bus pass online application:The Transport Department on Monday issued a government order specifying the terms and conditions for the free bus travel scheme for women, one of the five guarantees rolled out by Karnataka’s new Congress government. The Karnataka government on Monday listed all the buses which cannot be used for the free bus service for women passengers and also said that all women and transgender passengers who wish to avail the service should apply for a “Shakthi Smart Card” for the scheme under the Seva Sindhu portal.According to the government order (GO), the Shakthi Scheme or free bus service for women and third gender will be launched from June 11.
The scheme will come into effect from June 11 and cover only women with Karnataka domicile. Girl students and linguistic minorities will also be covered. For the first three months, beneficiaries will have to show their government-issued photo identity and address proof. Bus conductors will issue them zero fare tickets. Till the time smart cards are disbursed, passengers who avail the free bus service can use any identity card with Karnataka proof of residence to travel in buses designated under the scheme.“According to the GO, the smart card application disbursal will be completed within three months from the time of the order issued.
shakti yojana karnataka
The government in its order has justified the need of the smart card for tracking the free passenger service for women provided by the four road transport corporations (RTC) to secure the reimbursements from the government.The smart cards will help the RTCs to track the actual distance traveled by women passengers using the service.Furthermore, the scheme has said that all air conditioned buses and inter-state luxury buses are not included in the free bus service list.
Thereafter, beneficiaries will have to obtain Shakti smartcards (named after the name of the scheme) through an application process on the government’s Seva Sindh website. Government buses in Karnataka ferry about 40 lakh women daily. The number is expected to rise by 10 per cent under the free travel scheme, which will cost the government about Rs 4,700 crore per year. Anbukumar, Managing Director, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), promised better service once the scheme was rolled out.
He said the KSRTC was confident that the government would support it financially to run its daily operations. Asked if the free travel scheme would affect diesel procurement, he answered in the negative.
free bus for ladies in karnataka
The Karnataka government on Monday issued orders for the implementation of ‘Shakti’ scheme under which women can avail free travel in state-run buses with certain conditions, including reservation of 50 per cent seats for men, from June 11.According to the order, the beneficiaries of the scheme should be a domicile of Karnataka. Along with women, transgenders can also make use of the ‘Shakti’ scheme.
All luxury buses such as Rajahamsa, Non-AC sleeper, Vajra, Vayu Vajra, Airavat, Airavat Club Class, Airavat Gold Class, Ambari, Ambari Dream Class, Ambari Utsav Fly Bus, EV Power Plus have been excluded from the purview of the scheme.
The government said the benefits of the scheme can be availed in the buses operated by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) and Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC).
Karnataka Shakti Scheme 2023 New Updated
Karnataka government would reimburse RTCs for Free Travel from August.Beginning in August, the Karnataka government would reimburse the Road Transport Corporations (RTCs) for the cost of the free women’s travel Shakti scheme depending on the number of zero tickets distributed to commuters. Beginning in August, we’ve made the decision to compensate for zero-ticket purchases during the first week of each month. Reimbursement for June will be processed within the first week of August. Making RTC payments on time will benefit the firms and ensure that the plan won’t have any financial burdens. Based on data from Shakti smart cards or the zero ticket, the government has chosen to reimburse the firms for the expense of free travel.
Objective of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
The main aim of the state government is to provide free bus rides to the women of the state. The free bus ride scheme for women will promote gender equality and empower women by addressing the barriers they may face in accessing transportation services.
free bus pass for ladies in karnataka Terms and conditions
* The scheme will apply to all four Road Transport Corporations in the state (KSRTC, BMTC, NWKRTC and KKRTC).
* City, ordinary and express bus services will be part of the scheme.
* Women can travel for free only on bus services within the state. Bus services to destinations outside Karnataka will be outside the scheme’s purview even if women travel within the state. For example, a woman travelling to Belagavi on a Hubballi-Kolhapur bus will have to buy a ticket.
* The scheme will not apply to luxury buses (Rajahamsa, Airavat, Airavat Club Class, Airavat Gold Class, non-AC sleeper, Ambaari Dream Class, Ambaari Utsav, Fly Bus, EV Power Plus, Vajra and Vayu Vajra buses).
* Half of the seats on KSRTC, NWKRTC and KKRTC’s ordinary and express buses will be reserved for men. Luxury, AC and interstate buses as well as BMTC buses will be exempted from this.
* The government will reimburse the RTCs based on the actual distance travelled by women.
Benefits of the Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- Beneficiary farmers would each get a diesel subsidy of two hundred and fifty rupees (per acre of land)
- The greatest amount of assistance will be offered for plots of land that are 5 acres in size.
- The recipients would have the subsidy money deposited directly into their respective bank accounts digitally in a timely manner.
- Krishi Yantra dhare centers are also growing all over the state so that small and marginal farmers can get farm equipment.
- The government is going to build a cold storage facility in the village of Toravi, which is in the district of Vijapura. This is where grapes are grown on most land in the state. The Karnataka grape and wine board have set aside 35 crores to build a cold storage facility.
Shakti Scheme Eligibility
The eligibility needed for this scheme has been listed below:
- Applicants must be from Karnataka state.
- The applicant must be a farmer.
- Applicants must have their own land.
- The people who will benefit from this program are going to be any farmers in the state who have signed up for the FRUITS cash scheme via its online portal.
Documents Required for Karnataka Shakti Scheme
The documents needed for the Raitha Shakti Scheme are:
- Aadhar card.
- Address Proof.
- Mobile Number.
How to get Shakti smartcards
* The smartcards will be issued on the state government’s Seva Sindhu website. There will be no physical application process.
In the next three months, women can apply for the Shakti Smart Card through the ‘Seva Sindhu’ government portal.
Till the Shakti Smart Cards are issued, beneficiaries can use the identity cards issued either by the Centre or state government, the order further stated.
Shakti yojana karnataka apply online
- First, open this scheme’s official website on your device.
- Now from the homepage, you have to click on the apply for Shakti smart card option.
- A new page will open on the screen where you have to enter your login details if you are already registered.
- If you are not already registered on the portal, click on the new registration option.
- Enter the details to be filled-in in the application form.
- Now after successful registration, login with the details and apply for the card.
How to get Shakthi smart card?
How to apply for a Shakti smart card? According to the transport department of Karnataka, women can apply for Shakti smart cards through sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in from June 11.
Benefits of the Karnataka Shakti Scheme
With the help of this card, the residents can easily travel on the buses
The card will work as proof that the individual belongs to Karnataka state only.
It will display the name of the resident, gender, and address.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Eligibility Criteria
Women of the state are allowed to take benefit of the card.
It is necessary for an individual to be from Karnataka state.
Transgender community people are permitted to apply for the card.