seva sindhu gs1 karnataka gov in|sevasindhu karnataka gov in gruhajyothi|gruha jyoti scheme online application seva sindhu|gruha jyothi scheme website:In the words of Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge, the five ‘guarantees’ announced by the party have ‘worked’ in favour of the party and which helped them secure 135 seats in the recently-concluded Karnataka Assembly elections. The Congress leaders have assured that all the five promises would be implemented in the first cabinet meeting itself. One of the first guarantees the party announced in January this year was the ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme which promises free electricity up to 200 units per month for every household. Here is all you need to know about it.
The newly-elected Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday issued order to implement five ‘guarantees’ promised by the Congress, after the first meeting of the state Cabinet.The Gruha Lakshmi scheme is a social welfare scheme launched by the Congress party in Karnataka in an effort to empower women and advance gender equality.
Griha Jyoti Yojana
The Gruha Lakshmi scheme aims to provide financial support to women in the state who are the head of their households. Under the scheme, eligible women will receive a monthly financial assistance of Rs 2,000 for a period of one year.
Way back in January this year when the Congress started its ‘Prajadhwani Yatre,’ the party announced its first ‘guarantee’ of free electricity up to 200 units per month for every household.With our first commitment, we want to brighten every household with light with Gruha Jyothi Yojane,” Karnataka Pradesh Congress president DK Shivakumar had said in Belagavi.The free electricity of 22 units per month is not limited to Dalits, OBCs and minorities but for everyone without any barrier. We will fulfil our promise at any cost,” Congress Legislature Party leader Siddaramaiah had said.
gruha jyothi scheme portal
The government is planning to launch the Gruha Jyoti scheme on August 1 at Kalaburgi,Gruha Jyoti is a flagship scheme of the Congress government which promises 200 units of free power to households. It will kick in from July 1 and will be reflected in the bills of power consumers from the month of August. All arrears until June 30 will have to be cleared by the consumers within three months to avoid disconnection of power.
Two days after the Karnataka government issued an order to implement the ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme, which guarantees to offer up to 200 units of electricity free of cost to domestic consumers, from July 1, state Energy Minister KJ George specified several details about how to avail the scheme.
Minister George said the registration for the scheme will start from June 15 and linking Aadhaar cards and Revenue Register numbers (unique alphanumeric numbers allotted by BESCOM for each meter for identification purposes) are a must.
Starting from June 18, the registration process for the Gruha Jyoti scheme in Karnataka will be open, as announced by the state government.The Energy Department of Karnataka revealed that beneficiaries can register for the scheme on the dedicated page created on the Seva Sindhu portal (http://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/).
According to a statement from the department, the Gruha Jyoti scheme offers free electricity to residential households in Karnataka whose monthly electricity usage falls below the average monthly consumption for the financial year 2022-23, plus 10 percent, within the limit of 200 units. Consumers exceeding the 200 units limit will be required to pay their electricity bill in full.
WHAT IS KARNATAKA GRUHA JYOTHI SCHEME?
The Gruha Jyoti Yojana is on a mission to provide affordable electricity to its citizens in the state of Karnataka. The scheme also aims to raise awareness about energy conservation and promote the use of renewable energy sources.
The scheme offers 200 units of free electricity to every household in the state of Karnataka. As of now, the scheme has received registrations from over 8 lakh households and counting. The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited has recorded a total of 8.16 lakh consumers who have already registered for the scheme as of June 20th.
seva sindhu Griha Jyoti Scheme
The Karnataka government issued guidelines to avail free electricity under the Gruha Jyothi scheme. Registering on the Seva Sindhu portal has been made compulsory availing free electricity up to 200 units.The launch of registration for the Gruha Jyothi scheme, which was scheduled to begin on June 15, Thursday, has now been postponed to June 18, Sunday. It has now been postponed to fortify the Seva Sindhu portal and the app, sources said. The Energy department is expecting to receive around 5-10 lakh applications every day for the scheme.
After the cabinet meeting on June 2, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced that all households that consume less than 200 units a month would not have to pay electricity bill. However, on Monday, the government released eligibility guidelines. Here is the list of guidelines.
Features and Benefits of Karnataka Gruha jyoti Scheme
- Gruha Jyothi scheme is only for residential usage, not applicable for commercial usage
- During billing, extra usage bills will be given to customers excluding free units under the scheme
- Zero bill will be given to the customer if units are less than eligible units under the scheme
- Registering at the Seva Sindhu portal is compulsory to avail benefits of the scheme
- Customers must link their Customer ID/Account ID to Aadhar
- Customers getting benefits of Bagya Jyothi/ Amrutha Jyothi will be shifted under the Gruha Jyothi scheme
- Remaining electricity balances till June 30 should be cleared within three months, if failed electricity will be disconnected.
Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme Objective
The main objective of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana is to reduce electricity costs by offering the state’s residents free electricity for up to 200 units.
Features of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
Some of the key features of the Gruha Jyothi Scheme are as follows:
- To give state residents access to free electricity
- Empowering and achieving independence for eligible beneficiaries
- For the purpose of raising citizens’ standards of living
Here are the registration details:
- Registration will start from June 15. Beneficiaries will have to register under a special page custom-made for the Gruha Jyothi scheme in the Seva Sindhu portal. It can be accessed from mobile phones or computers.
- Beneficiaries will have to keep their Adhaar cards, connection IDs, and all additional documents mentioned on the page ready.
- Assistance will be provided to those who are not able to complete the process online at Bangalore One or Grama One centers.
- Tenants will have to provide a copy of their lease agreement or voter ID to prove their tenancy.
- The last date for registration is July 5.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
The applicants applying for Gruha Jyothi Scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Only residents of Karnataka will benefit from free power.
- For this program, Household Connection is eligible.
- There are no requirements based on the customer caste as long as they consume up to 200 Units each month.
- Under the Gruha Jyothi Yojana, 200 electricity units or fewer are free.
Required Documents for Gruha Jyothi Scheme
Some of the important documents required for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme are as follows:
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Electricity Bill
gruha jyothi scheme apply online @ Seva Sindhu gs1 karnataka gov in jyothi
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme
- First of all, go to the official website of the scheme
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Download the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme application form
- After that, take the printout of the application form
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like personal details, bank details, etc
- After that, attach all the required documents to the form
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Submit the application form to the Karnataka Gram One center or the office of the Assistant Director of Women and Child Development of the respective district.
- The application and supporting documentation will be examined by the authorities.
- The cash incentive sum will be directly paid to the beneficiary’s bank account following the completion of the verification process.
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana Registration (online Apply New Link) Start From 18 June
Because people are facing difficulties for registration and uploading online application due to server issues, The government of Karnataka issues a new link which has no issue. You can apply for the same by clicking in the below link.
These are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Open the https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/GSDN/GETAaDHAARDATA.aspx in the new tab.
- Step 2: Enter the Aadhar Card Number and Click on Get Details.
- Step 3: Enter Account ID(Get it from ESCOM bill). ESCOM, Your details will pop up.
- Step 4: Now you have to select the category like owner/Tenant/Family
- Step 5: You can Enter you phone no , to receive updates.
- Step 6: Finally Click the Submit button and you are all done.