bh series registration online|how to get bh series registration for old vehicle|bh series registration|bh series registration cost|how to get bh series registration for old vehicle:In an order which will allow registration of vehicles under the Bharat (BH) series for select private sector employees, the High Court of Karnataka on Friday directed the state government to implement the amended Central Motor Vehicles.Centre’s amendment to implement the BH (Bharath) series registration system of vehicles in the State.
It is partly because the legal proceedings initiated by the State Government are still on in the High Court against the BH implementation and also fearing a huge loss of revenue in terms of tax and registration fees.Even as questions are raised on whether Kerala would allow BH series registrations as the Centre has now amended the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 so as to convert all regular (State) registration vehicles into BH series, the State Transport Department clarifies that it sticks to the stand.
bh series vehicle registration
At present, vehicles registered in one State cannot be used in another State for more than a year. It has to be re-registered to use for longer periods in any other State other than where it was originally registered. This rule does not apply to the BH series vehicles.The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) on 16 December has notified new rules allowing the conversion of regular vehicle registrations into Bharat Series (BH) numbers.
However, claims that the BH series vehicles would get legal protection and coverage only if a finance bill is presented and made legislation. Kerala strongly opposes the BH series implementation also because it would bring huge losses in revenue to the States on account of registration fees and tax.MoRTH’s new rules comes as part of measures to widen the scope of the BH series ecosystem. Earlier, only new vehicles could opt for the BH series mark.
bh series registration online
|Article type||BH Series Vehicle Registration|
|Name of the rule||BH Series Vehicle|
|Rule launched by||The government of India|
|Beneficiary||All the citizens of India|
|Purpose of the rule||To get the vehicle registered|
|Ministry||Ministry of Road Transport and Highway|
BH Series Vehicle Objective
The main purpose of launching this rule is to get the vehicle registered to move to a new state, as there are many working citizens in India who get a lot of transfers to other states in India. So for them, only the government has implemented this rule, that the citizens if they are taking their vehicle in the state where they get transferred and has also completed a certain period of time in the state.
As the BH series number plate registration process has already started, this rule has been implemented in some states and it still has to be followed in many states. very soon the other states will also implement this rule for their citizens too so that it will be easy for them to register their vehicles and get rid of paying the taxes.
Features of Bharat Series Number Plate
- The BH series is applicable only for non-transport vehicles.
- For BH series registration, one can avoid the re-registering process of the vehicle once they shift to a new state.
- Saves time, effort and paperwork for the entire process.
- The BH series number plate is valid throughout the country.
- The BH series number plate looks like an usual license plate with a white background and black fonts, except the format of the license number is different.
- The road tax for the BH series vehicles can be paid online which remains applicable for 14 years once paid. Post that an annual payment is compulsory.
- The percentage of road tax to be paid based on the invoice of the car is convenient as well. 8% for cars below Rs. 10 Lakh, 10% for cars between Rs. 10 to Rs. 20 Lakhs and 12% for cars costing above Rs. 20 Lakh.
Bharat (BH) Series Vehicle Eligibility Criteria
- The citizens who are working under private companies and the company has offices in more than four states or UTs will be eligible for the Bharat Series registration.
- All the motor vehicle owner who is working under State/ central government as an employee.
- All the PSU employee
- Defence personnel
How to Apply Online for Bharat Series (BH Series) Vehicle Registration ?
- Go to official website of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways i.e. morth.nic.in.
- Find the Attachment file of BH Series Registration pdf
- Open the notification link
- Find the official website link to apply bh series
- Click on New vehicle Registration
- Fill all required details.
Can I convert my car registration to BH Series?
Vehicles currently having regular registration mark can also be converted to BH series registration mark, subject to payment of requisite tax, to facilitate persons who subsequently become eligible for BH series registration mark,” the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway statement said.
Can everyone get BH registration?
A BH series or Bharat Series number plate is available for all non-transport cars, but every Indian citizen cannot apply for it as it is only available to the employees of states and central government, PSUs employees, and employees of the private sector who have offices in at least 4 states or UTs
How do I change my number to BH?
The step one for applying the BH series is to apply for a new plate at the original registration RTO of the vehicle or using the Vahan portal , along with providing a functional government ID to prove employment.