griha jyoti yojana karnataka online application link|gruha jyoti yojana karnataka online application official website|sevasindhu karnataka gov in gruha jyothi online:The registration for Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka began yesterday on June 18. Eligible beneficiaries can register for the scheme on the Seva Sindhu portal under a special custom-made page. Free power of up to 200 units was one of the election promises of the Congress ahead of the 2023 state assembly election.A release by the Karnataka government also stated that the first day of the ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme, saw over 55,000 consumer registrations.
The registration process was scheduled to begin at around 11 a.m. at Bangalore One, Karnataka One and Grama One centres and 3 p.m. onwards for the public as well as at Gram Panchayat and electricity offices. Although the portal could initially not be accessed even at the Karnataka One and Grama One centres, in the later hours of the afternoon, some consumers could finish the registration. This too was characterised by a few glitches, including a delay in getting OTPs.
As the registration process for the much-awaited Gruha Jyothi scheme, under which eligible households will get free power up to 200 units, began on Sunday, a total of 55,000 consumers from across the State registered for it until 6 p.m. However, for many citizens, the first day of registration was slightly disappointing as the Seva Sindhu portal failed to open on mobiles and computers.
While the registration for the scheme was originally scheduled to begin on June 15, it was postponed to June 18 to fortify the Seva Sindhu portal to handle the number of applications which would be received. On Sunday afternoon, consumers went on to the Seva Sindhu portal only to realise that the page leading to the registration process was not opening.
Benefits of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
The residents of the state of Karnataka will receive the following benefits of the Gruha Jyothi Scheme .
- Through this program, people will receive up to 200 units of free electricity.
- To qualify for this program, residents must use 200 units or less of electricity each month.
- The state as a whole will adopt this plan.
- Citizens who profit from this program will pay less for their electricity.
- Citizens’ money will be saved by this plan.
- Both online and offline methods are available for submitting Gruha Jyothi Scheme applications.
Who is eligible?
The scheme is for residential households in Karnataka whose monthly electricity usage is less than the average monthly consumption for the financial year 2022-23 + 10 per cent and within the 200 units limit. Additionally the Karnataka govenment has stated that consumers with consumption of more than 200 units have to pay the bill in full.
- Only residents of Karnataka will benefit from free power.
- For this program, Household Connection is eligible.
- There are no requirements based on the customer caste as long as they consume up to 200 Units each month.
- Under the Gruha Jyothi Yojana, 200 electricity units or fewer are free.
Required Documents for Seva Sindhu gsc karnataka gov in
Some of the important documents required for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme are as follows:
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Electricity Bill
sevasindhu.karnataka gov.in/grahajoythi_print/login Offical website
How to register for the Gruha Jyothi scheme?
The beneficiaries have to visit the Seva Sindhu portal under the special custom-made page for the scheme.
Free 200 Unit Electricity Apply Online Here – https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/gruhajyothi/directApply.do?serviceId=1989
Gruha Jyothi Scheme Official Notice link –https://bescom.karnataka.gov.in/page/Gruha+Jyothi/en
- Access the website from mobile phone/computer/laptop.
- Keep scanned copies of Aadhar cards, Customer account ID (as mentioned in the electricity bill) ready for the registration
- Alternatively registration can also be done at ‘Bangalore One’, ‘Grama One, ‘Karnataka One’ centres or at any electricity office.
- A 24×7 helpline can also be called for help and queries at 1912.
- The Gruha Jyothi scheme and the Gruha Lakshmi scheme are part of the Congress government’s five poll promises.