seva sindhu 1.karnataka.gov.in/gruha jyothi|seva sindhu karnataka gov in gruha jyothi|seva sindhu gruha jyothi scheme|seva sindhu karnataka gov in gruhajyothi:The registration for Gruha Jyoti scheme in Karnataka will begin from Sunday, June 18 onwards, the state government has said.The Congress government in the state was supposed to start the registration from Thursday onwards.The beneficiaries can register for the scheme on Seva Sindhu portal under a special custom-made page for the scheme (http://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in/)” the Energy Department of Karnataka said in a statement.
The Karnataka government has announced free electricity subsidies for all resident consumers, including both owners and tenants, in the state. The subsidy will be provided through the Gruha Jyoti scheme, and eligible beneficiaries can enrol themselves on the Seva Sindhu portal. If you’re wondering “how?” we’ve got you covered. Below is an easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for the free electricity subsidy in Karnataka, along with eligibility details, required documents, and more.
seva sindhu gs1 karnataka
The Karnataka government issued guidelines to avail free electricity under the Gruha Jyothi scheme. Registering on the Seva Sindhu portal has been made compulsory availing free electricity up to 200 units.The launch of registration for the Gruha Jyothi scheme, which was scheduled to begin on June 15, Thursday, has now been postponed to June 18, Sunday. It has now been postponed to fortify the Seva Sindhu portal and the app, sources said. The Energy department is expecting to receive around 5-10 lakh applications every day for the scheme.
After the cabinet meeting on June 2, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced that all households that consume less than 200 units a month would not have to pay electricity bill. However, on Monday, the government released eligibility guidelines. Here is the list of guidelines.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme
As per the department’s statement, consumers who exceed the 200 units limit will be required to pay their electricity bills in full. The Gruha Jyoti scheme is scheduled to be officially launched on August 1, 2023. Starting from that date, eligible beneficiaries will receive ‘zero bill’ if their electricity usage remains within their entitled limit, specifically for the electricity consumed in July.
The first day of the ‘Gruha Jyothi’ scheme providing up to 200 units of free electricity to all residential households in Karnataka, saw over 55,000 consumer registration, stated an official government release.
According to the release, the scheme began its registration process on Sunday across the state.
WHAT IS KARNATAKA GRUHA JYOTHI SCHEME?
The Gruha Jyoti Yojana is on a mission to provide affordable electricity to its citizens in the state of Karnataka. The scheme also aims to raise awareness about energy conservation and promote the use of renewable energy sources.
The scheme offers 200 units of free electricity to every household in the state of Karnataka. As of now, the scheme has received registrations from over 8 lakh households and counting. The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited has recorded a total of 8.16 lakh consumers who have already registered for the scheme as of June 20th.
griha jyoti yojana karnataka online application link New Updated
Karnataka government’s Gruha Jyothi Scheme, which will provide free electricity of up to 200 units to domestic consumers has received more than 8 lakh applications as of June 20.According to Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited, 8,16,631 consumers have enrolled for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme.
To help more people avail the benefits of the scheme, state-owned BESCOM has been sharing tips on its social media account.In one of its posts, BESCOM has asked consumers to not search for ‘Seva Sindhu’ for registering for Gruha Jyothi Scheme. Instead, they should visit the exclusive website dedicated for registration.BESCOM has also clarified that consumers need not upload any documents while applying for the scheme. All they need is their electricity account number, Aadhaar number and mobile number.
Features and Benefits of Karnataka Gruha jyoti Scheme
- Gruha Jyothi scheme is only for residential usage, not applicable for commercial usage
- During billing, extra usage bills will be given to customers excluding free units under the scheme
- Zero bill will be given to the customer if units are less than eligible units under the scheme
- Registering at the Seva Sindhu portal is compulsory to avail benefits of the scheme
- Customers must link their Customer ID/Account ID to Aadhar
- Customers getting benefits of Bagya Jyothi/ Amrutha Jyothi will be shifted under the Gruha Jyothi scheme
- Remaining electricity balances till June 30 should be cleared within three months, if failed electricity will be disconnected.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme: Who is eligible?
The Gurha Jyoti scheme is eligible for the following consumers:
- All residential customers of electricity in Karnataka, with a limit of one meter per household and consumption of less than 200 units.
- Only residential households, and not commercial setups, will be eligible for the free electricity scheme.
- Customers must link their customer ID/ account ID to Aadhaar card and clear all remaining dues to apply for the scheme
Documents required to apply for Gruha Jyothi Scheme
- For tenants, the residential proof eligible is the account or consumer ID of their electricity connection and a Tenancy or rent agreement document to show proof of their current residence.
- For permanent residents, a voter ID or house deed in the name of the primary owner is sufficient proof to be eligible for the Gruha Jyoti scheme.
How to Apply for Gruha Jyothi Scheme on Seva Sindhu Portal Online?
There are different ways through which one can apply for the Gruha Jyothi scheme. However, one of the easiest ways is through the Seva Sindhu portal. Here’s how you can do it:
- You can either click on the link here or search for and log on to the Karnataka state government’s Seva Sindhu platform – sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in.
- Click on the Gruha Jyothi scheme option, which is present on the website, right next to Gruha Lakshmi Scheme.
- You will be taken to the registration page. If it does not open for the first time, you can reload or refresh the page.
- There, you need to fill up key details, including ESCOM name, account ID, account holder name as in ESCOM, and address.
- Apart from this, one also needs to enter the type of occupancy, Aadhaar card number, name on the Aadhaar, and mobile number.
- Once done, you need to click on Agree to the Declaration and enter the word verification code.
- Once review all the parameters and then click on Submit button to register for the scheme.
According to the Karnataka state government, users can also visit the nearest Bangalore One, Grama One or Karnataka One outlet to register for the Gruha Jyothi scheme. Registrations at these centres start at 11 AM on June 18th.
Griha Jyoti Scheme User login
- Go to the Seva Sindhu homepage (https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in) and enter your Email ID or mobile number and OTP or password under “Apply for Service”
- Enter all required details and click on Submit.
- You will receive an Application Reference Number, which can be used for further communication.
- Head over to the portal again and enter your Application Reference Number in the “Check Your Application Status” tab.
- The details and status of your Gruha Jyoti application will show up.
Eligible consumers can apply offline as well. For this, you will have to submit the forms and documents at Karnataka One, Grama One, and Bangalore One centre spread across the state of Karnataka.
Tariff Hike for Users and Expected Revisions
On June 8, the Karnataka government raised electricity consumption prices for those above the 200 units bracket by Rs 2.89 per unit. This has led to widespread criticism of the scheme by users and the opposition alike. In response, KJ George, energy minister of the state of Karnataka, said on June 10 that the process would be “simplified”, — which could include relaxation from compulsory linking of Aadhaar to avail the service.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme Latest News @ sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in gruha jyothi
BESCOM Confirms Over 12 Lakh Registrations Occured Till June 21
BESCOM has confirmed that over 12 lakh registrations for Gruha Jyothi Scheme have been successfully confirmed. The company also urges the users that there is no deadline for the scheme, meaning that they opt for it anytime for now. As per the official data, a total of 12.51 lakh registrations have been confirmed till June 21, 7:00 PM.
Over 8 Lakh Users Register for Gruha Jyothi Scheme in Karnataka
In just three days over 8 lakh people have registered for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme till Tuesday. As per the latest data released by BESCOM, the total registration of users has reached 8,16,631.
Gruha Jyothi Scheme gets over 1 Lakh Registrations in two Days
BESCOM has confirmed that a total of 1,61,958 consumers have registered to the Gruha Jyothi scheme in two days. On the second day, over 1,06,958 users registered for subsidy. Moreover, BESCOM has also confirmed that there is no deadline fixed for the registration process, meaning that customers can easily do the registration for the scheme.
Over 55,000 Customers Registered for Gruha Jyothi Scheme on the First Day
Currently, 55,000 customers registered for the subsidy scheme on June 18th. However, the process of registering was hampered due to the unavailability of the website as the servers were down. The scheme will come into effect from August 1 for July’s electricity bill.