chief minister health insurance scheme nagaland|health insurance in nagaland:Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio launched a universal health insurance scheme for the people of the state.The scheme is a state-specific welfare scheme for our people to have an assurance of better access to healthcare services than they had ever before,” said the chief minister while launching the scheme.”It is a known fact that many families are driven to poverty or suffer extreme hardship after spending money on medical treatment,” he said, expressing hope that the scheme will prevent such hardships.
Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, on Friday, launched the first of it’s kind, Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS).The scheme was launched at Chief Minister’s State Banquet Hall, CMRC, Kohima, with CEO, National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dr R. S. Sharma as the guest of honour, and Chief Minister, Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio as the special guest.
nagaland health insurance scheme
Delivering the keynote address, Chief Secretary, Nagaland, J. Alam informed that the Oriental Insurance Company Limited will be the insurance partner with whom the Government has already signed the agreement. With the Nagaland Sustainable Development Goal Vision 2030 launched in August 2021, envisaging that by 2030, Nagaland will provide equitable, affordable and quality healthcare services to the people of the State, the CS stated that CMHIS is a major step towards fulfilling this vision.
He informed that the Government held multiple consultations with various stakeholders in the State as well as outside the State, and inputs from experts across the country, and came up with a Health Benefit Package that they hope will ensure a balanced and equitable access to quality healthcare for all.
Nagaland will become the second state in North-east to have universal health coverage, taking India forward to realising its Sustainable Development Goal of universal health access. Informing that around 12,000 hospitalisations were recorded in NHA-IT platform, and with the CMHIS scheme to be launched in the NHA-IT platform, he assured that it is robust, scalable and can record millions of processes of the healthcare system.
chief minister health insurance scheme nagaland Features and Benefits:
The following are the features and benefits of the scheme:
- The scheme provides health insurance coverage for individuals from BPL families. Those enrolled in the scheme have the option of choosing between private and public hospitals to seek treatment.
- Beneficiaries who are enrolled in the scheme can avail healthcare services in any RSBY empanelled hospitals across the country by swiping their smart cards. Verification is done through a fingerprint scan.
- The scheme provides beneficiaries with a cover of up to Rs.30,000 for hospitalisation expenses per family. An additional Rs.30,000 is provided to a family if one of the dependents is a senior citizen.
- The RSBY scheme covers pre-existing illnesses and provides coverage for over 1,800 medical treatments including surgeries.
- The scheme also provides the beneficiaries with coverage for transportation to the maximum amount of Rs.1,000. The amount spent on transportation is reimbursed to the beneficiary upon discharge from the hospital.
- Packages also include the cost for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation for up to 5 days after discharge.
health insurance nagaland
nagaland health insurance scheme Offical website
nagaland health insurance Scheme Online Apply
What is Chief Minister health insurance scheme in Nagaland?
PMJAY provides free hospitalization coverage up to Rs. 5 lakhs per entitled household per year through a network of public and private hospitals. The health services covered under the programme include hospitalization expenses, day care surgeries, follow-up care, pre and post hospitalization expense benefits.
What is Cmhis in Nagaland?
Launched the CM’s Health Insurance Scheme – a State specific welfare scheme. It provides assured cashless benefit to every bonafide citizen of Nagaland that requires hospitalization in the empanelled govt. and pvt. hospitals.
What is Cmhis scheme in Nagaland?
In pursuance of the implementation of the Chief Minister’s Health. Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) which is to be operationalized from 01.10.2022 and as per the. meeting held on 07.07.2022 in the Health & Family Welfare Department, all the Regular.