PAN Aadhaar link status NSDL|how to link pan with aadhaar free online|pan aadhaar link status check by sms|how to link aadhaar with pan card online step by step:The Indian Tax Department recently made it mandatory for every citizen to link the Permanent Account Number or PAN to their Aadhaar Card last by March 31, 2023. In its tweet earlier this month, the tax department said that the process is compulsory for all under the Income Tax Act, 1961,. It added that from April 01, 2021, all unlinked PAN will become inoperative. The department on its website gave links for its taxpayers to check if their PAN card is linked to their Aadhaar card or not.
The Income Tax department has made it mandatory to link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) to Aadhaar card by March 31, 2023. So far, there has not been any update regarding to extension of the deadline. In a tweet earlier this month, the I-T department said that the process is compulsory under the Income Tax Act, 1961. It added that from April 1, all the unlinked PAN will become inoperative. The department has also given links on its website for taxpayers to check if their PAN is linked to Aadhaar.
Pan Aadhaar Link
The Aadhaar-PAN linking deadline is March 31, 2023. If your Aadhaar is not yet linked with your PAN do it as soon as possible or else your PAN card will become inoperative. The Income Tax Department of India has made it mandatory to link both identification cards for every resident who has been allotted a PAN as of July 1, 2017.
According to the circular issued by CBDT in March 2022, all taxpayers link their permanent account number (PAN) with their Aadhaar by March 31, 2023. Any non-compliance will mean that the PAN will become inoperative from April 1, 2023. Post this, people will not be able to initiate any financial transactions or PAN-related activities.
“As per IT Act,1961, it is mandatory for all PAN holders, who do not fall under the exempt category, to link their PAN with their Aadhaar before 31.3.23. From 1.4.23, the unlinked PAN shall become inoperative. Please link today!“, tweets Income Tax Department.
How to check Aadhar-PAN Card link status online?
A taxpayer will have to visit the Income Tax e-filing portal to check the status of Aadhaar-PAN linking.
- On the homepage, click Quick Links, then Link Aadhaar Status
- The page that open will have two fields where the taxpayer needs to enter PAN and Aadhaar numbers
- After the server checks the status, a pop-up message will be displayed. If Aadhaar and PAN are linked, the message will read: “Your PAN is already linked to given Aadhaar”.
- If the two documents are not linked, following message will appear on the screen: “PAN not linked with Aadhaar. Please click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to link your Aadhaar with PAN”.
- In case the Aadhaar-PAN link is in progress, the taxpayer will see following message: “Your Aadhaar-PAN linking request has been sent to UIDAI for validation. Please check the status later by clicking on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ link on Home Page.”
Alternatively, taxpayers can also check the status by logging into the Income Tax portal and completing the following steps:
- After logging in, the taxpayer needs to visit the ‘Dashboard’ on the homepage and click the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ option
- He/she can also go to ‘My Profile’ and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ option
- If Aadhaar is linked to your PAN, the Aadhaar number will be displayed. In case the two documents are not linked, ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ will be displayed
- The website will also ask a check the status later if the request to link your Aadhaar with PAN card is pending with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
How to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN card through SMS
You can also check your PAN-Aadhaar linking status through SMS. To do this:
Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format: “UIDPAN <12 digit Aadhaar number> <10 digit PAN number>”.
If your Aadhaar is linked with your PAN card, you will receive a message confirming the same.
How can I know my PAN number linked with Aadhar?
Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal homepage and click on “Link Aadhaar” in the Quick Links section.
Enter your PAN, and mobile number to receive an OTP.
After OTP verification, you’ll be redirected to the e-Pay Tax page.
Can we link Aadhar to PAN in Mobile?
Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id. c) Log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth. d) A pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
Can I link Aadhar to PAN at home?
You can link your PAN with Aadhaar online by visiting the income tax e-filing website.