YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023- Online Registration & Beneficiary List: Friends, despite so many schemes of the government that every year due to many natural calamities, there is a lot of damage to the crops of the farmers, in view of which the government has started many insurance schemes to solve the problem. In this article, you have been given complete information about YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme, such as objective, benefits, documents required, features, application process, eligibility criteria, etc. Along with this, by reading this article, you will understand well about YSR free crop insurance, what is this scheme and how you can get its benefits.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme has been started by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. As you know, the insurance scheme has been brought to the farmers for their crops due to natural calamities. For your information, let us tell you that at least 22 crops have been included under this scheme. Also, if you want to take advantage of this scheme, then you will not have to pay money for this, this plan is completely free.
It before, when a farmer used to come under the crop scheme, a certain amount had to be paid earlier to apply for it, but now it is not so, friends, you will be surprised to know that to apply in this scheme, you have to pay only one rupee. The government is going to give the benefit of the crop which was wasted before to the farmers.
Friends, it is being estimate that the amount received from this scheme will be given to more than 15 lakh farmers. Through this scheme, an amount of Rs 1820.23 crore will be given to the farmers and the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh will directly deposit the amount received from this scheme in the bank account of the farmers.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Key Highlights
|Name of the scheme
|YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme
|Government of Andhra Pradesh
|Farmers of Andhra Pradesh
|To provide insurance cover on the crops
|15th December 2020
|Number of beneficiaries
|Amount of Insurance
|Rs 1252 crore
Also Read This Article:AP Sand Booking
Objective of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The main objective of the Scheme is to provide insurance cover on crops to all the farmers of the state. Through this scheme, all-natural calamities like heavy rains, droughts, cyclones, etc will be covered. For the crops lost due to these natural calamities, the government is going to provide financial cover. Through this scheme, the farmers are not required to pay any premium amount. This will protect them from the financial burden. The implementation of the Scheme will also bring transparency to the system.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023- Highlights
AP Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy has announced that he is going to launch an agri-insurance scheme called Free Crop Insurance in his state. Along with this, many state officials have announced this to give compensation to the eligible farmers.
Along with this, an amount of 1820.23 crore has been sent to the accounts of lakhs of eligible farmers of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme for Kharif-2020 season. The Chief Minister has sent free sum insured to his beneficiaries through an office computer at Tadepalli in Guntur district. In a meeting in Telangana, the CM told the farmers that he has made another scheme, which will benefit the farmers immensely.
- In the last few months, Rs 3900 crore has been deposited in the accounts of farmers under this scheme. For a state where 60% of its citizens are involved in agriculture, this scheme provides help to the farmer in tough times. and supports them in time.
- An amount of Rs 1820.23 crore has been given by the government to 15 lakh farmers who suffered crop loss last year. The Chief Minister of the state has made free crop insurance payment of Rs 715 crore for the insurance arrears of 2018 and Rs 1253 crore for 2019-20 for the farmers.
- Simultaneously it has been said by the state officials that the state will cover the loss of farmers devastated by the destruction of Kharif crops in the same season in which they were harvested. About 10,778 RBKs have been established in the state, each having a village secretariat. A large amount of farmers are being helped by this scheme. Also this insurance provides insurance on 21 different types of crops.
Also Read This Article: Jagananna Amma Vodi Yojana
Objective of AP YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023
All the farmers of the state will be given insurance cover on crops through this scheme and they will be helped by the government for all natural calamities like cyclone, heavy rain, drought etc. Along with this, financial help will be given from the Andhra Pradesh government to the farmers whose crops have been damaged due to natural calamities.
Along with this, let us tell you that the farmers who want to apply for this scheme, they do not need to pay any amount, this process is completely free and you can take advantage of this scheme very easily. You will not have any problem, just keep reading this article of ours till the end.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme 2023- Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Aadhar Card
- Accommodation Certificate
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Patrika
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Also Read This Article:- PMRY Scheme 2022
Amount Paid So Far
The amount paid so far was also the payment of crop insurance premium of Rs.122.61 crore for the 2018-19 Rabi crop by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, which was further continued by the TDP government. And this premium was paid on 26th June 2020. In this scheme from 2016 to 2020, 5.94 lakh farmers will be benefited through insurance at a cost of Rs.596.26 crore. Andhra Pradesh has made this payment of Rs 468 crore keeping in view the fact that the number of farmers has increased in 2016-2022.
- In 2016-17, 17.79 lakh poor farmers were insured.
- In 2017-18, 18.22 lakh poor farmers were insured.
- The number of farmers enrolled in crop insurance has increased from 24.83 lakh in 2018-19 to 49.50 lakh in 2019-20.
- Talking about today’s time, 15.15 lakh farmers can take advantage of this insurance.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Rythu Bharosa Kendra
In order to benefit the farmers under AP Free Crop Insurance Scheme, Andhra Pradesh Government has established 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendra. Keeping in view the cyclone Nivar in the office of Village Secretariat, a demonstration about crop loss will be organized at Rythu Bharosa Kendra.
Farmers have got their compensation till 31st December 2020. Also, according to the information received, all those missing farmers will be enrolled in the Rythu Bharosa center by the government and will be given the benefit of this scheme.
Financial Assistance from the AP Government
AP Agriculture Mission Vice-Chairman Nagi Reddy, Ministers K Kannababu, Cheluboyina Venugopal Krishna and related officials also participated in a video conference with the farmers to inform them about the 2020 loss compensation program .
The insurance amount will be started to be paid to the farmers as soon as they submit their report by the Planning Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. The government will also see that all farmers are given compensation so that there is no financial loss due to which the loss can be compensated.
Features and Benefits of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
- Government of Andhra Pradesh is providing crop insurance to the farmers through YSR crops.
- 15th December 2020 The launch date of this scheme was told and now the work has started in this scheme.
- In these schemes those farmers will get benefit whose crop was damaged due to natural calamities.
- 22 agricultural crops have been included in this scheme, in which the government will compensate for the loss.
- No amount will have to be paid on applying for this scheme
- Farmers who want to take advantage of this scheme do not need to pay any premium for this.
- On applying for this scheme, the enrollment fee of only one rupee is demanded by the government.
- Under this scheme, the government will deposit the amount directly to the farmers in their bank accounts.
- Under this scheme, the government will give Rs 1252 crore to the farmers.
- A total of 9.48 lakh farmers will get benefit from this scheme.
- In this scheme, the government has benefited 49.80 lakh farmers.
- This scheme will be implemented by about 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendras.
- Claim payment will be made in the month of May 2022 for all crops destroyed during 2020.
- More than 56 lakh hectares will be covered under this scheme.
How to Apply Online for YSR Free Crop Insurance 2023
Friends, if you also want to apply for YSR free crop insurance scheme, then you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all you have to go to the official site of Agriculture Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. https://apagrisnet.gov.in/crop.php
- A new page will open in front of you
- To apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance, click on the Apply for “YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme” button on the homepage.
- Now you will be asked to fill an application form, you fill it.
- On the application form, you have to fill your name, your email and mobile number, and address etc.
- After that you have to upload all the required documents asked.
- Now click on submit button.
- You can successfully apply for YSR’s free crop insurance scheme by following the procedure we have mentioned.
YSR Free Crop Insurance 2022- FAQs
Q- How much will the government pay in the YSR scheme ?
A- Government will pay Rs 1252 crore under YSR scheme
Q- How many farmers will be given benefit in YSR scheme ?
A- 9.48 lakh farmers will get benefit under YSR scheme.
Q- What is YSR Free Crop Insurance ?
A- YSR scheme is to benefit those poor farmers whose crop was damaged due to natural calamity, due to which the government will now compensate them.