[Live Update] Odisha Municipal Election Result 2022 | Odisha ULB Election Result : Municipal Elections are elections that are directly held by people’s representatives to elect Urban Local Bodies( ULBs), Municipalities, Municipal Corporations which form the third tier of governance in India.
The Municipal election Odisha was scheduled to be held on 24th March 2022, Thursday. The poll is held after a big gap of 10 years. It was supposed to be held in 2018 but was not conducted, resulting in a big gap.
Also Read This Article:-Odisha Municipal Election 2022
Details on the Voting Arrangements
Around 40.5 lakh voters in Odisha from all over 109 towns will cast their votes. Voting will be held up using electronic voting machines. Arrangements for tight security have been implemented to ensure safe and secure voting. The time of voting was between 8 am to 5 pm.
This time emphasis has been laid on selecting mayors from the twin cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. Bhubaneswar reserved a post for women this time which was never held in the past. According to an Official source, 569 contestants are competing for the post of mayors and chairpersons of the municipalities and the specified area councils. The voting of these areas is done directly for the first time in Odisha. Previously, councillors or corporators held the responsibility of selecting the mayor or the chairperson of the respective urban area.
Where will the Odisha Municipal Election 2022 be held?
The State Election Commission instructed 4437 booths spread over 106 smaller towns including 47 Municipalities, 59 NACs to carry out the elections. It also included 1384 booths in the cities of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, and Berhampur.
Also Read This Article:-Odisha Balaram Yojana 2022
Odisha Municipal Election Result 2022 Live Update
Counting of votes will commence on Today ( 26 March 2022) and the Odisha Election Result 2022 will be declared on that day probably.
Important things to know before casting their votes
- This is the first time voters will have a NOTA option in the ULB election.
- Use of Electronic Voting Machines will be made in the polls.
- Voters have to cast two votes in two different EVMs in two booths. One vote is to elect the Mayor or the Chairman, the other is for Councillors or Corporators.
- The last Municipal election in Odisha was held in the year 2013- 14. At that time democratic exercise was held at 94 ULBs.
The nomination for Orissa Urban Polls was circulated on February 28, 2022. After this, the nominations were filed between March 2, 2022, and March 7, 2022. The examination of the nomination paper was scheduled for March 9, 2022. The candidates could also withdraw their nomination till March 14, 2022.
Submission of affidavits is made compulsory and non-submission results in the cancellation of the nomination. In this election, two testimonials are required to submit. One is educational qualifications and assets and the other carries information about the family.
Also Read This Article:-KCC Loan
On April 7, 2022, the indirect election of the Vice-Chairperson will be held. For electing the Deputy Mayor, April 8, 2022, was scheduled. For the posts of Mayor and Chairperson, the direct election was held this year.
The Ballot Paper used in this election
Also, ballot papers of two different colours are used in the Municipalities election and also Municipal Corporation election. ‘Pink’ colour ballot paper is for Councilor or Corporators election, and ‘ Yellow’ ballot paper is for Mayor or Chairperson. The ballot papers that are printed have been pasted in the Ballot Unit of the EVM. It was used for Election Duty Certificate(EDC) and Tendered Vote.
Odisha Municipal Election Result 2022 Live- Click Here
Some Updates on the Odisha ULB Election 2022
- More than 50% of polling was completed by 5 PM.
- Till 3 PM 45% voting was recorded in Odisha Municipal Election.
- An Incident of violence was reported in Nayagarh. A complaint has been filed regarding the attack on Khandapada Block Vice Chairman.
- In Bhadrak also there occurred poll violence. A youth was stabbed in Dhamnagar and was rushed to the hospital in a critical state.
- The CM of Odisha requests the people to cast their votes.
- The CM casts his votes with heavy security.
- Congress leader Balangir MLA was also seen to cast his votes.
- In Bhubaneswar Jharpada, the EVM machine showed some glitches, which resulted in a delay.
It can be said that the Odisha Panchayat Election 2022, scheduled on 24th March, held at three Municipal Corporations and NACs was held peacefully throughout Orissa, except in a few places.
Around 7,25,765 citizens have cast their votes in nearly 705 booths in Bhubaneswar spread over 67 wards. The number of males among 7,25,765 voters is 3,94,510 and the number of females is 3,30,815. ‘Others’ category voters account for 440.
live election result odisha
Latest Trends For CMC Mayor Elections
BJD- Subhash Singh: 17508
Congress-Giribala Behera: 13850
BJP- Sritam Das: 6264
Results For Municipality/NAC Chairperson Election
Congress’ Archana Singh wins in Jagatsinghpur
– BJD’s Basanta Biswal wins in Paradip
– Congress’ Nimai Panda wins in Belpahar
– BJP’s Mukesh Agarwal wins in Junagarh
– BJD’s Nruparaj Yadav wins in Kesinga
– BJP’s Smitarani Mohanty wins in Phulbani
– BJD’s Gobinda Pradhan wins in Baliguda
– BJD’s Bhanuprava Mishra wins in G.Udayagiri
BJD mayor candidate Sanghmitra Dalai leads from Berhampur
BJD’s mayoral candidate Sanghmitra Dalai is leading from Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BeMC) after Round 4 of counting.
BJD mayor candidate for Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation leads after Round 1
Sulochana Das, BJD’s mayor candidate for Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC), is leading after one round of counting. Das was ahead with 640 votes against BJP candidate Suniti Mund who secured 336 votes.
- BJD’s Sandip Mishra wins Chairperson elections in Birmitrapur Municipality
- Congress’s Nimei Charan Panda wins Chairperson elections in Belpahad NAC
- Independent candidate Dinesh Gahir wins Chairperson elections in Barpali NAC
- BJD’s candidate Sanjukta Behera wins Chairperson elections in Bhawanipatna Municipality
odisha election live update
- BJD takes lead in Tangi zone 12 of Khordha district
- BJD leading in Komna zone 3 of Nuapada district
- Congress leading in Nuapada zone 9
- BJD is leading in Khariar zone- 6
- BJD ahead in in Sinapali zone- 14
- BJP takes lead in Gop zone 14
- BJP takes lead in Satyabadi zone 33
- BJD ahead in Puri Sadar zone 27
- BJD ahead in Tangi zone 11
- BJD leading in Balipatna zone 21
- BJD ahead in Bramhagiri zone 30
- BJD takes lead in Gop zone 13
- BJD leading in Delang zone 17
- BJD ahead in Kanas zone 5
- BJD leading in Sukuruli zone 52 in Mayurbhanj dist
- BJD ahead in Raruan zone 44
- BJD leading Karanjia zone 7
- BJP ahead in Udala zone 2
- BJP ahead in Kaptipada zone 4
- BJP ahead in Balishankaraa zone 18 of Sundergarh dist
- BJP ahead in Kutra zone 5
- BJP ahead in Rajgangpur zone 22
- BJP ahead in Sundergarh sadar zone 26
Also Read This Article:-Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Franchise/ Dealership
The number of male and female voters in Cuttack are out of 4,50,759 voters, male voters account for 2,31,030 and females are 2,19,598. The number of ‘Other’ category voters is 131.
The State Election Commission has declared a paid holiday on the polling day to all people involved in trade, business, or in any organization to facilitate the voters to cast their votes.